We’ve collected some of our most frequently asked customer service and technical questions to help you resolve potential problems and get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
Why an OnBudget General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) Card?
- What is a General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) Card?
- A GPR Card is a reloadable prepaid transaction account that provides a simple and cost effective way to manage your money. Simply place funds on the card and you can use the card anywhere Mastercard is accepted, access cash at the ATM, or pay bills. The OnBudget Card cannot make ACH payments using the account and routing number.
- Who is the OnBudget Card a good fit for?
- The OnBudget Card is the perfect solution for anyone who doesn’t like carrying cash, who wants to avoid check writing, who wants to avoid fees, all the while enjoying the security and purchasing power of a Mastercard debit card.
- What are the advantages?
- The OnBudget Card can be used just like any Mastercard debit card and is accepted at millions of places worldwide. You can use it to make payments and purchases in stores, online or by phone. Other advantages include the ability to easily get cash and add funds, track purchases online, receive balance alerts, along with 100% Mastercard fraud protection.
Getting an OnBudget Card
- How do I order a Card?
- You can order an OnBudget Card online by providing your customer information.
- Why do you need my Social Security Number?
- In accordance with the USA PATRIOT Act, in order to prevent money laundering and terrorist funding, we are required to collect this information to identify you.
- Is the information I submit online safe?
- Yes. OnBudget is PCI compliant, and uses TLS to secure any page where you submit or view personal information.
- How long will it take to receive my Card?
- Please allow 7 - 10 calendar days for the Card to be delivered.
- Can I allow others to use my OnBudget card account?
- Yes. You can request us to issue one additional Card to other individuals. If we issue a Card to another individual at your request, he or she will have full access to all of the funds available on your Card.
- Will my credit report be checked to determine if I can get a Card?
- No, a credit check is not required.
- Will my Card usage affect my credit?
- No, prepaid cards do not affect your credit rating.
- How do I activate my Card?
- You can activate your Card online by accessing our website at onbudget.com, from our mobile apps, or by calling 1-855-260-1714. Be sure to sign the back of your card, so merchants can validate your identity when you sign for purchases.
- How do I set up my personal identification number (PIN)?
- You can set up or update your PIN online by accessing our website or by calling 1-855-260-1714.
- How many OnBudget cards can I order?
- Limit 1 OnBudget Card per/customer.
- Is there a minimum balance for a OnBudget card?
- No, there is no minimum balance requirement. However, cards with a zero balance may be subject to closure after 90 days.
Placing Funds on Your OnBudget Card
- Is there a minimum load amount?
- Yes, the minimum load amount is $100 per load.
- What are the different ways to place funds on my OnBudget Card?
- The OnBudget Card must be loaded from a checking or savings account. After you've successfully loaded your OnBudget Card at least once, you can Direct Deposit all or part of your paycheck to your card.
- How do I set up Direct Deposit?
- If you’ve already loaded your OnBudget Card, you will be able to see your account and routing number. You can provide the routing and account number associated with your card account to your employer or anyone else who pays on a regular basis. You can deposit all or any portion of your payroll amount to your OnBudget Card on a recurring basis.
- Can I transfer funds to the Card from my checking account?
- Unfortunately, you cannot transfer funds off your OnBudget Card to an external account, so you cannot return funds to your checking or savings account.
- What is the maximum balance of funds I can have on my card?
OnBudget Card Load (Funding) Limits Maximum balance of funds on card $5,000 Maximum amount of all loads $2,500 per 24 hour period Maximum number of loads 3 during any 24 hour period Maximum amount of any direct deposit N/A Minimum load amount $100
Using Your OnBudget Card
- Where can I use my OnBudget Card?
- You can use the Card to purchase goods and services anywhere Mastercard is accepted, withdraw cash at all participating ATMs, and pay bills. The OnBudget Card cannot be used for ACH payments using the routing and account number.
- Can the OnBudget Card be used for PIN purchases?
- Yes, you can use the OnBudget Card for PIN purchases. If the merchant’s terminal can accept PIN, choose the debit option. You will then be prompted for your PIN.
- Can the OnBudget Card be used for Credit/signature purchases?
- Yes. If the merchant’s terminal accepts credit, select the credit option. You will be asked for your signature, and will not be asked for your PIN. Please note that your card is still a prepaid debit card, and can only be used for the funds available on your card account. Selecting Credit only changes the way the card processes. It does not change your card type, and we will not extend you credit.
- Can I use the OnBudget Card for online purchases?
- Yes. Please make sure you enter the correct billing information, including your name and the address on file with OnBudget, or the transaction may be declined. Please note that the OnBudget Card cannot be used for online gambling.
- What happens when I return something I bought with my OnBudget Card?
- Returns will credit your card account. Most merchants settle these at night, so look for a credit from a return within a few business days.
- How can I withdraw cash with my Card?
- You can use your Card and PIN to withdraw cash at any ATM that displays the Mastercard or Accel logo. Some Mastercard merchants also will allow you to receive cash back when you use your Card and PIN to make a purchase.
- Are there limits on purchases or other withdrawals?
OnBudget Card Transaction Limits Daily limit for transactions to obtain cash from a Mastercard or Accel ATM $300/transaction $300/day Daily limit for cash back from merchants $75/day Daily limit for all other kinds of transactions, including purchases at Mastercard Merchants $2,500/transaction $2,500/day Daily limit for all transactions $2,500/day
- Do I have the option to request overdrafts on my Card?
- I’ve heard some merchants get authorization to charge more than the actual amount of a purchase. What should I know about transactions at certain types of merchants?
When a Card is used for certain kinds of transactions, the merchant accepting the Card may request advance authorization of that transaction, and may estimate the amount of the transaction. This is usually because the final purchase amount is not known at the time you present your Card. Some examples include:
- Gas Stations will accept the OnBudget Card to prepay for fuel inside the station, but "pay at the pump" purchases may be authorized for an amount greater than the gas purchase.
- Restaurants, Hotels, and Car rental agencies may get authorization for an estimated purchase amount, rather than the actual purchase amount.
- If we authorize a transaction on a Card, we may place a temporary hold on the funds available on your Card for the amount of that authorized transaction, which we refer to as an "Authorization Hold." An Authorization Hold generally will be released within 3 business days after the date we authorized that transaction. However, certain merchants, especially rental car companies, hotels and others that authorize high dollar amounts may cause an Authorization Hold to remain in effect for an extended period of time. You can see each Authorization Hold on the funds available on your Card at any time by calling 1-855-260-1714 or logging in to the OnBudget Web Site. Certain transactions may be handled differently by different merchants. If you are unsure of a merchant’s policy, it’s best to ask before presenting your Card.
Managing Funds on Your OnBudget Card
- How do I check my balance?
- You can check your balance any time by logging in to the website or mobile app. You can also call 1-855-260-1714 to hear your balance.
- Will I receive statements showing charges on my OnBudget Card?
- Yes. Once you activate your Card, you will receive periodic electronic statements showing all activity on your OnBudget Card.
- Do I have to wait until I get a statement to see the charges on my OnBudget Card?
- No. You can always see the most recent charges on your Card by accessing website at onbudget.com, on our mobile app, or by contacting 1-855-260-1714.
- What other online services are available to help me manage the funds on my card?
- You will have access to Online Banking (track your spending), push notification Alerts and Email Alerts.
- What are Alerts?
- Alerts for your OnBudget Card are a way of getting automated notifications about your Card balance, transactions and status. You choose the Alerts you want to receive, and how you want to receive them - either as an email, a text message, or push notification delivered to your wireless phone or other mobile device.
- How do I set up Alerts?
- You can enroll for Alerts online by accessing website found on back of your OnBudget Card. In the Profile section, you can select the Alerts you wish to receive and provide the email address or mobile phone number in Alert Settings. Check your phone settings to allow push notifications from OnBudget. You can also call 1-855-260-1714 and speak to a customer representative.
- Can I have Alerts go to multiple phone numbers?
- No. You can have alerts sent to only one mobile phone number.
- What's the difference between my pending transactions and posted transactions shown on the OnBudget website?
- With a pending transaction, the transaction has been authorized for a specific amount, but that transaction has not been submitted for payment. The funds are still in your card account, but are reserved and cannot be used. With a posted transaction, the transaction has been submitted and cleared for payment, and the amount of the transaction has been deducted from the funds available on your OnBudget Card.
- What's the difference between my available balance and actual balance shown on the OnBudget web site?
- Your available balance includes all pending and posted transactions. Your actual balance includes only posted transactions.
- How can I fund an OnBudget Card that does not have my name on it?
- First, you will need to order a card for yourself. Once that card is ordered, you can order an additional card for one other person via the WEB. The cards will share access to the same pool of funds. When the pool of funds needs to be refreshed you can transfer funds from your bank account to the OnBudget Card. Please note that secondary card holders also need to pass the identity check you pass when ordering a card.
Updating Your OnBudget Card and Account
- What if I need a replacement Card?
- You can order a replacement Card on the website, mobile app, or by contacting 1-855-260-1714.
- How can I change my PIN?
- You can change your PIN online by logging on to website or by calling 1-855-260-1714.
- How do I update my address?
- You can update your address online by logging on to website at onbudget.com or by calling 1-855-260-1714. Please be advised that you cannot change your address within 30 days of activation.
- What do I do to speak to someone in customer service?
- You can call 1-855-260-1714 and select the option for a customer service agent.
- What do I do when my OnBudget Card expires?
- When your card expires, we will send you a new one. You'll keep all your transaction history and your balance.
- What happens to funds on my OnBudget account if I cancel?
- OnBudget will issue a check to the address we have on file. OnBudget may wait up to 30 days to issue a refund check if there are pending authorizations on your account.
If Your OnBudget Card is Lost or Stolen
- What if my OnBudget Card is lost or stolen?
- Call 1-855-260-1714 immediately to report your Card lost or stolen. You can also log in to website at onbudget.com to change the status of your Card and review your transaction history. If your card has been used for unauthorized purchases, a customer service agent will be able to assist you with the dispute process.
- Are there fees associated with the OnBudget Card?
- No! The OnBudget Card has no fees. We make all our money from interchange, and are able to offer our services at no cost to you. Please be advised that ATM operators may charge you a fee to use their ATM.